Please sign for Connor & others like him!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life on Planet Mom

Last weekend two of my MOPS peeps (Mothers of Preschoolers) and I went to convention in Nashville, TN. We stayed in the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Y'all this is the most beautiful hotel on the planet. When I tell you it is you big you could get lost in it believe me because
WE DID!!!
Let me start with us leaving on Thursday morning. Now you know Hadley cries EVERY TIME I drop her off at school. This Thursday was no different except she wasn't the only one crying. I know I looked like a crazy lady crying just because I was dropping my kid off at daycare for the day. Thank God my friend Sandy let the teachers know we were going out of town so they didn't think I was nuts! So, we're both balling like babies. Only Hadley stops before I even get out of the room. I, however, continue to cry until I get into the car with my friends to head to the airport.


Well, we got to Nashville around 11 am and hurried off to the hotel all the while planning massages, manicures, & pedicures in all the spare time we will have. HA!!! Even though we had no spare time we came back with a feeling of refreshment I can only explain as the power of God. It was an awesome experience. We didn't even get into our first day good before I was planning the trip for next year's convention. Worship was led by Matt Redman & Christy Nockels. What amazing voices! We also had appearances by Matthew West, Plumb, Natalie Grant, & comedy night with Ken Davis. It was awesome to laugh & cry with the friends I travelled with along with some new friends I made there. We went to several seminars on parenting and one on speaking your man's language. It was just amazing! I am so grateful for the opportunity to fellowship with other MOPS because we are not "too little or too much!"


Here I am posing with our new friend from Kentucky, Trina.

Sandy, Natalie Grant, Allison, & me


Sandy, Allison, Christy Nockels, & me

me, Allison, Matthew West, & Sandy


Here we are with our Area Coordinator & a former
Louisiana Chick who now lives in Arkansas.


Sandy, Allison, Ken Davis, & me posing for a picture.
He had us in stitches!

Plumb's just a crazy momma like the rest of us!
The new MOPS campaign to make sure no mom is alone is to bring them a "gift" in the hospital that includes a 1 year membership to MOPS.
Here we are posing with Naomi Cramer-Overton, MOPS President.
No she isn't really pregnant.
I can't wait for MOPS Convention next year!!!

No comments: