Please sign for Connor & others like him!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 4: Silverware/Serving/Cooking Utensil Drawers

Day 4 is actually supposed to be spent organizing my linen closet, but I really don't have a linen closet. I have 1 or 2 sets of sheets for each of our beds and they are kept in the bathroom closet that goes to that room. I decided that my silverware/cooking & serving utensil drawers could use some organization since the rest of the drawers in my kitchen had been organized might as well finish it off. (Now I just need to do the cabinets. I am SO not looking forward to the medicine(human & animal) cabinet. Anyway, here is my before picture.
Before
After
Unfortunately I didn't get a before picture of this drawer as I actually started the project the night before. It was a mess. Especially Hadley's utensils. We had 2 sets of silverware(neither of which is complete anymore). I kept the set we had the most of and I am hoping to be able to find replacements. Darrell had these before we got married and doesn't remember where he got them. I bought the nifty expandable organizer from Target as well as the bins to put the kids' utensils in.
This drawer actually had towels, oven mitts, and trivets in it. I took out the towels and put the rest of my serving/cooking utensils in here with my oven mitts and trivets. I just realized that thermometer actually belongs to my mother-in-law. ;-) If you want it back just let me know.
I never thought I'd enjoy this so much. I need to tackle the closet in MY bathroom. That may be a challenge for days 6, 7, & 8. YES, it's THAT bad!!!

If you want to join in on the challenge go here.

No comments: